Servas Youth Language Experience (SYLE)
Servas Youth Language Experience (SYLE) is a program designed for young Servas members to improve second language skills through a Servas cultural exchange during one month in a foreign country. This experience includes language classes (formal or informal) and other activities – cultural, recreational, sportive, touristic, etc — in an environment of fraternal daily life that ensures a rich experience of language learning and cultural exchange between the young traveller and the Servas Hosts. Based on this intent, the host country will plan an agenda, indicating dates and locations of: the Servas Host Families, the activities and their points of contact, as well as allocated spare time for the traveller.
- To improve foreign language skills.
- To provide a rich cultural exchange experience to the traveler and to the Servas Hosts.
- Between 18 and 30 years old.
- Necessary skills to communicate in the host country’s language.
- Empathetic, open-minded attitude toward diﬀerent cultural experiences.
- Willingness and ability to interact with a large number of people during an extended stay.
- Valid Servas Membership.
The traveler must be able to afford all traveling expenses, visas, transportation, and personal expenses. The cost of all activities proposed in his/her program must be discussed and agreed upon by the traveler and the host country’s team prior to travel.
E-mail email@example.com with the email subject “(your name) Interested in SYLE” and provide in the body a brief background about yourself and Servas member country you are interested to travel for SYLE! We are looking forward to hearing from you, and will respond promptly!